Our mission is to offer business education for a diverse student population by teaching a rigorous and relevant business curriculum, supported and strengthened by research and community outreach. Our degree programs serve the workforce needs of the Mid-South region and beyond. Specifically, in order of emphasis,
- Through our MBA program, as well as the Executive MBA, International MBA, and other master’s programs, we prepare students for leadership roles in a technology-driven and globally competitive marketplace.
- We provide an undergraduate program that prepares students for successful careers in today’s technology-driven and globally competitive marketplace and for future graduate studies.
- We offer a Ph.D. program in business administration in selected areas of existing and emerging strengths to prepare students for teaching, research, or professional careers while serving as a research catalyst to stimulate faculty scholarly endeavors.
Our mission is to be achieved by establishing and accomplishing measurable objectives for the following goals:
- Pursue national recognition for programs in the College
- Improve graduate and undergraduate curricula and specify our expectations for student learning
- Attract and retain quality students that meet or exceed those of our peer institutions while maintaining a diverse student body
- Recruit, develop, support, and retain faculty who meet or exceed the teaching and research scholarship of our peer institutions
- Continue to provide faculty and students with opportunities to learn, contribute and interact with the business, government, and nonprofit communities
- Improve career planning and placement services for students and alumni
- Use all resources wisely, while continually increasing internal and external funding for the College