Experiential Learning Opportunities
Programs in this area include:
So what is experiential learning? It’s learning by doing and experiencing new opportunities! Programs in this area include:
- HR Academy—If you’re interested in HR, join us as employers lead “real world” workshops to help you know more about this exciting and growing career. Registration is in the FCBE network. In conjunction with the SHRM Student Chapter, registration is in the Fogelman Internship Network, FIN.
- Job Shadowing—This is an opportunity to engage in short-term workplace experiences/visits with employers. This is a new program and is in progress. It’s preferred that you’ve completed Tomorrow’s Business Professionals so that you’re ready to meet employers.
- Company tours and visits—We have opportunities for students to visit companies as a group. These will be promoted and offered throughout each semester.
- Fogelman Women in Leadership—This program is focuses on connectiong women business students with women business professionals. See the schedule below for this semester’s programming. Registration is in the Fogelman Internship Network, FIN.
- MILE—This prestigious program is an application program offered through the Management Department. The application process begins a semester prior to your junior and senior year, so be on the look out! Being assigned to a business professional as a mentor, this experience helps students to focus on developing key success and leadership skills. For more information, contact Dr. Kurt Kraiger, Kurt.Kraiger@memphis.edu or visit MILE.