Why choose MORE?
A robust college experience is more than just going to classes and completing your assignments. Take advantage of all the possible experiences you can to make your FCBE college experience one that helps you develop as a future professional, provides great networking and leads you to a productive career path.
The MORE program is a new program in FCBE. More programs will be coming your way but be sure to start engaging in these programs. Here are just a few of our current opportunities:
Are you new to FCBE? Get involved and meet different students and employers! Many employers want to meet students at the sophomore level—this program helps to connect you with these employers. Sophomores—this program is great for you! Sign up to get prepared to meet employers and start your process of becoming a business professional.
Want to learn to be more culturally aware? Have you considered the possibility of study abroad or international internships? FCBE recently had two business-focused international opportunities to Ireland and Italy! Think you can’t afford it? We have scholarships to help you take this important step to international education.
Expand your horizons with some of these FCBE’s International Education opportunities!
Experiential Learning Opportunities
So what is experiential learning? It’s learning by doing and experiencing new opportunities! Programs in this area include:
- Tomorrows Business Professionals—If you’re
- HR Academy—If you’re interested in HR, join us as employers lead “real world” workshops to help
you know more about this exciting and growing career. Registration is in the FCBE
- In conjunction with the SHRM Student Chapter, registration is in the Fogelman Internship Network, FIN.
- Job Shadowing—This is an opportunity to engage in short-term workplace experiences/visits with employers. This is a new program and is in progress. It’s preferred that you’ve completed Tomorrow’s Business Professionals so that you’re ready to meet employers.
- Company tours and visits—We have opportunities for students to visit companies as a group. These will be promoted and offered throughout each semester.
- Fogelman Women in Leadership—This program is focuses on connectiong women business students with women business professionals. See the schedule below for this semester’s programming. Registration is in the Fogelman Internship Network, FIN.
- MILE—This prestigious program is an application program offered through the Management Department. The application process begins a semester prior to your junior and senior year, so be on the look out! Being assigned to a business professional as a mentor, this experience helps students to focus on developing key success and leadership skills. For more information, contact Dr. Kurt Kraiger, Kurt.Kraiger@memphis.edu.
Do you know what you want to “do” with your degree after graduation? Do you have a “perfect career” in mind. Career exploration is highly important as part of your college process. We have ways to help you!
Assessments help to give us an objective view of some of our interests and values. The links below offer free assessments to students. After taking the assessments, schedule an appointment with Dr. Tuberville if you like to discuss the results and think about focusing your career development efforts in an intentional way.
Pathway U—This assessment helps you discover your interests, workplace preferences and general values to help guide you in your career planning.
Stepping Blocks— Developing your career path is important! This tool is an excellent way to get more insight into the path you’re considering and how you can use this content to help you prepare.
Career Tools and Employer Events— Once you know more about your career interests, get ready to present yourself to employers!
FCBE hosts an additional resource to help students, The Avron B. Fogelman Professional Development Center (PDC)! Through the PDC you can get your résumé easily developed and approved to be in the Fogelman Internship Network. You’ll need an account, so get started today by clicking FIN.
Dr. Kathy Tuberville
Director of Experiential Learning
Office: BA 308 | Phone: 901.678.2222