2018 ISSRE will be held at Memphis, from OCT 15 to OCT 18.
What is ISSRE?
The International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (IEEE ISSRE) is an academic conference with strong industry participation running since 1990 and covering reliability engineering for software. It is interested in properties such as reliability, availability, safety, security and quality of software. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society. The symposium usually last 4 days and has integrated workshops and tutorials in a multi-track program. ISSRE covers a broad range of topics. The list below identifies several:
- Reliability, availability and safety of software systems
- Validation and Verification
- Faults, errors, failures, defects, bugs
- Software quality and productivity
- Software security
- Dependability, survivability, fault tolerance and resilience of software systems
- Systems (hardware + software) reliability engineering
- Metrics and measurements, estimation, prediction of quality/reliability
- Services reliability engineering
- Open source software reliability engineering
- Web 2.0 reliability, availability and security issues
- Supporting tools and automation
- Industry best practices
- Software as a Service
- Virtualization and software reliability
- Reliability of mobile devices and applications
- Green and Sustainable Software Engineering
- Reliability of Big Data and Internet of Things
- Empirical studies of any of the above topics
- Software Standards
ISSRE Doctoral Symposium
The ISSRE Doctoral Symposium is intended to bring together PhD students working on the specific topics, and give them the opportunity to present and discuss their research in a constructive, friendly and international atmosphere. The goals of the symposium are:
- Provide a setting for constructive feedback on participants' current research and guidance on future research directions;
- Develop a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research;
- Provide an opportunity for student participants to interact with established researchers and others in the software reliability engineering community.
Selected students will present their work and receive constructive feedback both from a panel of experts from academia and the industry, and from other Doctoral Symposium students. The students will also have the opportunity to seek advice on various aspects of completing a PhD, how to perform research, how to design and execute empirical research, etc.
PhD Students at all stages (at the beginning, at the middle and at the end of their PhD) who are working on a research area or a thesis topic relevant to ISSRE are encouraged to participate in the Doctoral Symposium.
2018 ISSRE CONTACT INFORMATION