Real Estate Concentration
Dr. Mark Sunderman
Dr. Richard Evans
The Real Estate Concentration is designed for students who desire careers in real estate and related industries. Opportunities exist in leasing, property management, mortgage lending, corporate real estate analysis, real estate development, real estate investment, real estate valuation and assessment, and brokerage (residential or commercial).
What You Can Do With It
- Buying, selling or leasing property for residential, commercial or industrial uses.
- Managing, financing or evaluating residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Developing subdivisions, shopping centers and other properties.
- Valuation of residential or commercial real estate for government, industry or private use
- $30,000 - $45,000: salaries vary substantially within this field due to the great variety of positions available
Scholarships and Internships
Scholarships are available (from $250 to $5,000) to a number of students. On-campus and off-campus opportunities are available through area internship programs and industry introductory positions.
Lambda Alpha / Real Estate Fraternity
Lambda Alpha Real Estate Student Organization is sponsored by Lambda Alpha International (LAI), an honorary society for the advancement of land economics. LAI provides a forum for the study and advancement of land economics where the "winnowing and sifting" of ideas takes place in an atmosphere of mutual respect. The student organization is not limited to Real Estate majors or those in the Fogelman College of Business and Economics. We encourage those interested in the field of Real Estate to join us in several meetings each semester to hear speakers from the Real Estate profession and learn about career opportunities in Real Estate. Internship opportunities will also be explored.