Honors Thesis Information
Honors Contract Policy Statement:
- First-year students may not contract a course for honors credit without special permission from the Honors College, obtained in an advising meeting.
- 1000-level general education classes may not be contracted for honors credit. Exceptions to this policy will be made for students enrolled at the U of M Lambuth campus.
- Contracts are designed primarily for upper-division courses; however, lower-division course contracts will be considered in areas where enrollments are not sufficient to support Honors sections.
- Honors contracts may not be added to the following types of courses: classes that carry less than 3.0 credit hours, internships, study abroad, emerging leader courses, resident assistant courses, and pass/fail courses.
- Only faculty members, including full-time instructors, may sponsor a contract. Students submitting contracts signed, or largely supervised, by a teaching assistant or other non-faculty member will be denied Honors credit for the course.
- Students will earn honors credit if they complete the Honor contract work satisfactorily and earn a grade of A or B in the course. If the course is graded plus/minus, a grade of “B-“is insufficient.
- Once a student undertakes two contracts without completing either, he or she is not eligible for further contracts.
- Please review the Honors Contract carefully for detailed instructions.