Welcome to the Elementary Education Program at the University of Memphis. We are a part of the Instruction and Curriculum Leadership Department in the College of Education. Below is current information about our programs and the degrees (licensure and graduate) we offer in Elementary Education.
Vision and Mission Statement
The Elementary Education Program supports the overall mission of The University of Memphis and The College of Education by supporting the College's Vision and Mission Statement.
Driven by a commitment to diversity, social justice and equity, the College of Education is a premier educational organization that engages in innovative and impactful research, teaching and service.
The College of Education builds on a foundation of success in research, teaching and service by:
- fostering depth and breadth of knowledge
- conducting relevant and innovative research
- developing culturally competent leaders and practitioners
- collaborating with and providing services to diverse local, national and international partners to address real-world problems of practice
- advancing an environment where diversity, social justice and equity are paramount.