New Student Orientation | Virtual Resources
Now that you’ve completed your virtual New Student Orientation, please explore the information below to reference material covered in each module. Handouts and presentations from your virtual NSO are also linked below. Just click the comment bubble in the left corner to read the accompanying comments for each PowerPoint slide.
If you have questions, please contact the UofM Lambuth at 731-425-1964 or email@example.com.
After completing your virtual New Student Orientation
Advising Session & Class Registration | Varies by department
|Financial Aid & Fee Payment Meeting
Review the Enrollment Checklist to make sure you've completed all your next steps!
- Be sure that you’ve completed your FAFSA with the University of Memphis listed as your first school. School Code: 003509
- View your current Financial Aid Award status and requirements on the Account$ tab of your MyMemphis portal to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled. This is also where you will accept/decline award offers.
- If you indicated that you would like to talk to a Financial Aid representative during Module 1 of your virtual NSO, a staff member will contact you to set up an appointment. If you did not, email Anna-Marie Smith firstname.lastname@example.org with “New Student Orientation Appointment” in the Subject Line.Additional Resources
- University & Student Business Services has created an NSO Quick Guide for your reference. Be sure to check it out for all things related to tuition & fee payment, meal plans, and Campus Card information!
- Fee Payment Deadline: August 10
- Students must pay their tuition & fees in full or enroll in an Installment Payment Plan before this date. View and pay bills through TigerXpress on your MyMemphis portal.
- Visit the USBS website to estimate tuition & fees. If the Fall 2020 semester is not yet available, use the Spring 2020 information.
- Be sure to upload your Campus Card photo. You’ll receive an email with pickup instructions once we return to normal business operations.
- Additional Resources
Once you’ve completed your virtual NSO session, your academic advisor will reach out to schedule an appointment within 3-5 business days. Be sure to check your @memphis.edu email address!
- Explore your class options by reviewing the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Make sure you’ve satisfied all immunization requirements prior to your academic advising meeting.
- Ensure that all dual enrollment credits and AP test scores have been submitted for accurate course recommendations.
- Apply for the Helen Hardin Honors College if you are eligible and haven’t already! Learn more about eligibility and the perks of being an Honors student on their website.
- Visit the Housing and Residence Life Website to apply for housing and learn more about Carney-Johnston Hall at the UofM Lambuth.
- Visit the UofM Lambuth Dining Website to review your meal plan options, see daily menus, and to review a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Visit the UofM Lambuth Student Services webpage for additional resources.
- Visit the UofM Lambuth Student Services webpage for additional information a about resources available to you on campus.
The Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) provides a range of services that uphold values of equity and diversity, as well as support compliance efforts in the areas of equal opportunity, affirmative action, harassment prevention, nondiscrimination and Title IX.
- Students at the University of Memphis must abide by the Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities, treating others with respect and civility at all times.
- Additional Resources
- Visit the Tiger Family Resource Hub created by the Office of Parent & Family Services for everything you need to know!
- Check out this Parent & Family Presentation provided to us by the Office of Parent & Family Services!