MEMPHIS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Memphis Professional Development Program (MPDP) supports diverse and first-generation Memphis Law students by providing professional development opportunities that maximize potential in law school and beyond.
Utilizing a team mentoring model, MPDP matches a team of Memphis Law students and practicing lawyers based on a number of criteria collected in the program the application.
In the past, MPDP has hosted the following events for participants:
- Team Reveal & Workshop
- Speed Mentoring Mixer
- Virtual Judicial Networking Mixer
- End-of-Year Awards Soirée
Additionally, participants are encouraged to have one-on-one interactions and conduct at least two self-organized team interactions. Examples of activities teams have done independely in the past:
- Lunch, coffee, happy hours
- Resume review sessions and/or mock interviews
- Team building activities (e.g., Escape Room)
- Professional opportunities and events (e.g., Barrister’s Ball, AWA Banquet)
- Mid-semester conference call check-ins
Student mentee participants are eligible for several awards ($500-$1000) for outstanding participation in the program upon nomination by team mentors.
To participate, current diverse and first generation law student (mentees) and practicing attorney (mentors) must complete a MPDP application or email email@example.com with any questions.