Dining is a pleasure in this city of folks who love to eat. Just ask any five Memphians
their favorite BBQ establishment – it’s likely you’ll end up with five different answers.
It’s good to question the natives and your fellow students for their favorite spots.
Perennial favorites (in alphabetic order, of course) within a five-mile drive of Memphis
Law include the following:
- The BBQ Shop - 1782 Madison Avenue - (901) 272-1277
- Central BBQ - 2249 Central Avenue - (901) 272-9377
- Charles Vergos’ Rendezvous - 52 S 2nd Street - (901) 523-2746
- Cozy Corner -745 N Parkway - (901) 527-9158
- Interstate - 2265 S 3rd Street - (901) 775-2304
- Neely’s - 670 Jefferson - (901) 521-9798
- Payne’s - 1762 Lamar Avenue - (901) 272-1523
- Top’s Bar-B-Q - 1286 Union Avenue - (901) 725-7527
Memphis is also a community that has diversified its eating habits over recent years
and embraced a variety of ethnic cuisines. Vietnamese, Indian, Japanese, and Latin
American flavors have become favorites in the community. We also have a number of
fine dining establishments whose chefs have received national recognition.
Browse this map of local restaurants that participate in our annual admitted student open house and orientation.