Master of Science in School Administration and Supervision
Great leaders are required for great schools, and the Master of Science (MS) in Leadership and Policy Studies: School Administration and Supervision prepares people to be great school leaders. This 12-month, blended-learning, 30-semester hours graduate education program is built upon Tennessee Instructional Leadership Standards. Successful students will receive a Master of Science (MS) degree and a Tennessee Instructional Leadership License.
This online program is designed for individuals who want to become school principals/assistant principals. Graduates develop their skills in leadership, change and policy formulation, have opportunities to analyze data and its relationship to organizational effectiveness, and will garner state licensure to serve as school leaders.
Upon admission to program students should apply for the ILL-A licensure. Towards the end of the final semester of coursework, students must take the SLLA Praxis for ILL-B licensure. Evidence of successful SLLA Praxis completion must be submitted to TNCompass as well as the Office of Teacher Education in the College of Education. Taking and passing the SLLA Praxis for ILL-B licensure serves as the comprehensive examination for both the School Administration and Supervision masters program as well as the K-12 Educational Leadership graduate certificate. Taking and passing the SLLA Praxis must be done in order to graduate and receive the master's degree or graduate certificate.
NO GRE SCORES REQUIRED. Priority application deadline is April 1 for Summer/Fall admission. Priority application is November 1 for Spring admission.
Each applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Graduate School that includes:
- A completed admissions application
- Graduate School Application>
- Official transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate courses
In addition, each applicant must submit the following as part of your graduate application:
- One to two-page letter of intent that thoroughly explains your professional goals and how obtaining the degree/certificate will help you accomplish those goals.
- Professional resume
- Three letters of professional recommendation on letterhead (1 LETTER MUST COME FROM ACTIVE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR)
- Evidence of active teacher license and 3 years of classroom teaching experience (Upload a copy of teacher license)
- The admission decision will be based on a holistic profile that includes, but is not limited to, information contained in the completed application packet described above.