Doctorate of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (LDPS)
The Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (LDPS) Program is among the leading
academic programs in the country offering opportunities to study with nationally-
and internationally renowned faculty in K-12 administration and policy analysis.
If you are a practitioner looking to deepen your knowledge and strengthen your credentials, our Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Education (EdD) degree programs will prepare you for leadership roles in a variety of leadership roles in K-12 schools, government agencies, corporations, and nongovernmental organizations.
This program is available via hybrid instruction, which mixes online and in-person course delivery. Graduates will be eligible for employment by P-12 school systems in administrative positions. Other career opportunities for graduates include becoming professors of educational administration in a department or college involved in teacher training or positions in state or federal education departments.
This program is available via hybrid instruction, which mixes online and in-person course delivery. Designed to enhance educator-practitioners I either school or non-school settings whose academic interests are aimed at specific school policy-related issues such as school governance, organizational structure and educational equality in P-12. Graduates can pursue faculty roles at universities that house related programs.
NO GRE SCORES REQUIRED. Priority application deadline is April 1 for Summer/Fall admission. Priority application is November 1 for Spring admission.
Each applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Graduate School that includes:
- A completed admissions application
- (Graduate School Application) (Graduate School Readmit Application)
- Official transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate courses
In addition, each applicant must submit the following as part of your graduate application:
- One to two-page letter of intent that thoroughly explains your professional goals and how obtaining the degree/certificate will help you accomplish those goals.
- Professional resume
- Three letters of professional recommendation on letterhead
- The admission decision will be based on a holistic profile that includes, but is not limited to, information contained in the completed application packet described above.