Doctorate of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (LDPS)
The Ed.D. program in Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Memphis is a rigorous and applied doctoral degree designed for individuals seeking to enhance their leadership and policy-making skills in the field of education.
Courses are all online and asynchronous, but professors meet with students on live online platforms (e.g., Zoom, Teams etc.) at times for discussion. Dissertation work is up to each individual student but live meetings with faculty advisors via online platforms are necessary for successful completion of degrees.
The program combines a series of courses that provide students with a comprehensive understanding of educational leadership and policy theories, as well as improvement science. Students will also have the opportunity to focus on a Problem of Practice (POP) in their professional school setting, working to demystify, explain, and improve current issues through research and analysis. Graduates from this program will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and improve educational practices in a variety of school and non-profit settings, including positions such as teachers, support professionals, administrators, coordinators, and superintendents.
See attached for Course Schedule
NO GRE SCORES REQUIRED. Priority application deadline is April 1 for Summer/Fall admission. Priority application is November 1 for Spring admission.
Each applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Graduate School that includes:
- A completed admissions application
- (Graduate School Application) (Graduate School Readmit Application)
- Official transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate courses
In addition, each applicant must submit the following as part of your graduate application:
- One to two-page letter of intent that thoroughly explains your professional goals and how obtaining the degree/certificate will help you accomplish those goals.
- Professional resume
- Three letters of professional recommendation on letterhead
- The admission decision will be based on a holistic profile that includes, but is not limited to, information contained in the completed application packet described above.