Associate Professor of Teaching, Department of Management
Dr. Tuberville is a seasoned educator in HR as well as career development. Her teaching philosophy is to help students become the “best version” of themselves. She incorporates real-world learning into all of her courses and seeks to provide valuable connections to her students with industry partners. She seeks to help students get out of their comfort zones whether it is through HR and Management internships, career development, study abroad and global learning programs, and student organizations like the UofM SHRM Student Chapter. Her professional interests include helping HR leaders in the 901 become connected with SHRM-Memphis, developing future women leaders and networking with professionals in City Current. She received her doctorate from NorthCentral University in 2014 in Organizational Leadership with a focus on experiential learning in higher education. Currently she serves in a faculty directorship in the FCBE Experiential Learning program, the faculty advisor for the SHRM Student Chapter, Faculty lead for the Fogelman Women in Leadership, and faculty leader for the FCBE Study Abroad and Global Learning Program.
Honors & Awards
- 2022 | U of M Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, U of M Alumni Association
- 2021-2022 | George Johnson Faculty Teaching Fellowship, Fogelman College of Business & Economics
- 2021 | Teaching Beyond The Classroom, Fogelman College of Business & Economics
- 2018 | Faculty Service Award, Department of Management
- 2018 | HR Champion, SHRM-Memphis (HR Excellence Awards)
- 2017 | George Johnson Service Award, Fogelman College of Business & Economics
- 2016 | Excellence in Service to Students Award, National Leadership and Success Society
- 2014 | Department of Management—Faculty Teaching Award
- 2021 | SHRM-Memphis HR Educator of the Year Award, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- 2021 | SHRM-Memphis Department of Management Faculty Team Award, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- 2020 | TN SHRM HR Professional of Excellence, TN SHRM State Conference
- 2019 | HR Educator of the Year Award, Memphis Business Journal
- 2015 | Super Woman in Business Award, Memphis Business Journal
Research interests include career development, human resource management, women in leadership, and leadership development.
Sorenson, K. & Tuberville, K. (2022) A Bridge From the Classroom To the Boardroom-Linking Accounting Employers, Faculty, and Students. In publication process.
Tuberville, K. (2014) A Case Study: Faculty Perceptions of Experiential Learning At A Public University.
Tuberville, K. (2021) Are we preparing future HR leaders? HR Professionals Magazine
Tuberville, K.(2020, July) Strategic Vision for the Next Generation of Talent – Where’s the COVID-19 Crystal Ball for Internships?, HR Professionals Magazine
Tuberville, K. (2016) Experiential Learning and Internships--A Higher Education Perspective. HR Professionals.
Tuberville, K. (2016,March). Academic Internships-A Higher Education Perspective, HR Professionals.
Travis, C. Tuberville, K. & Frazier, R. (2015). Build a Culture of Health To Build Effective Worksite Wellness Programs. HR Professionals.
Tuberville, K. (2020). Career Development for Tomorrow’s Accounting Professionals. E-book published by Kendall Hunt.
Tuberville, K. (2022). Your Leadership Journey: Driving leadership success through purpose and passion. e-Book published by Kendall Hunt.
Innovative leadership development, talent management, and women in leadership programming.
Onground and online sections of Managerial Leadership, Managing Employee Wellness, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management and Communication and Career Readiness. Experiential learning courses including MGMT 4911 and BA 4911 and experiential learning projects within Managing Employee Wellness.
- SHRM-Memphis Board of Directors
- Tennessee SHRM State Conference Chair, 2023-24
- CEIA Tennessee Representative (Cooperative Education and Internship Association
- DeNeuville Learning Center for Women—Board of Directors
- Professional Connections Mentor
- MILE Advisory Board
- UofM Writing Committee
- City Current Executive Committee
- Student SHRM Chapter Faculty Advisor
Representative Conference Presentations
Tuberville, K. & Federman, B. (2022, April) Performance Management for Internship Programs Necessity or Strategy for Growth? CEIA National Conference.
Tuberville, K. Engel, C., & Nichols, J. (2018). Creative Collaboration in International Internships. CEIA National Conference, Charleston, SC.
Tuberville, K. & Nichols, J. Employer Relationship Development for Internship Success (2018) CEIA National Conference, Charleston, SC.
Tuberville, K. & Danehower, C. (March, 2017). Southwest Academy of Management Teaching and Learning Conference. "Using Experiential Learning Concepts in New Course Designs: Experiential Learning in Managing Employee Wellness and Managerial Leadership.
Tuberville, K.(2017) Cooperative Education and Internship Association National Conference.Preparing Students For Internships--Consider Ethics Education For Experiential Learning Assignments
Tuberville, K (2016) Cooperative Education and Internship Association National Conference Strategic and Sustainable Recruiting Employer-focused Engagement For Internship Success
Tuberville, K. (2016) Tennessee State Society of Human Resource Management September 2016 Early Entry Talent—Building An Innovative Pipeline For Strategic Staffing
Tuberville, K. & Danehower, C. Academy of Management Presenter, Experiential Learning in New Course Design (2015 Conference).
Engaged Employer Recruiting Through Professional Development National Cooperative Education and Internship Association, March 2015
Tuberville, K. Tennessee State SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) Conference (September 2014). Developing Entry Talent-Incorporating College Interns In Strategic Staffing Plans”Are They Ready?
- Academy of Management
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Association of Training & Development (ATD)
- Forbes Women