Tiger Read-N-Rec Summer Camp
Tiger Read-N-Rec is a half-day summer camp that incorporates literacy intervention and recreation activities to improve reading and writing skills while having fun and playing games. It will include:
- Approximately two hours of individualized, evidence-based literacy activities per day.
- Approximately one hour of recreational activities specifically designed to foster social interaction and emotional health, boost mood and attention, and build confidence.
- Three weekly themes designed to keep children interested.
Tiger Read-N-Rec is a collaborative effort between the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders and the School of Health Sciences. Camp is led by a licensed speech-language pathologist with the assistance of graduate student clinicians.
Children who have completed grades K - 5, particularly those who are struggling readers and writers.
Memphis Speech and Hearing Center
4055 North Park Loop, Memphis, TN 38152
(Community Health Building, 1st floor)
- Monday-Friday | 9am - Noon
- July 8-26 (three weeks)
- Assessment by appointment July 1-3 (results provide to parents)
- Attendance plans optional, but best benefit is the full three weeks.
For more information, contact
Katherine Mendez, MA, CCC-SLP