F.I.R.S.T. Institute Workshop Information
Every Institute participant will begin by attending a group orientation event. Each student will then select five workshops (one from each of the five domains) to complete his or her First-Generation Ambassador certification. The workshops will conclude with a group capstone event in order to celebrate certification as an official First-Generation Ambassador.
The workshops fall into five domain categories: academic success, professional development, financial management, health and wellness, and campus/community engagement.
- Habits of Successful College Students
- College to Career Connection
- How to Stand Out in a Crowd
- Leading in a Global Society
- Financing Your Education
- Budgeting and Money Management
Health and Wellness
- Managing Your Wellbeing
Campus and Community Engagement
- Leading a Significant Life On Campus
- Leading a Significant Life Beyond Campus