We are now Accepting Music Admissions Applications for Fall or Spring 2019.
To become enrolled in School of Music degree programs, all prospective students must apply and be accepted by both the School of Music (SOM) and by the University of Memphis (UofM). Acceptance by the SOM is contingent upon UofM acceptance.
Applicants seeking SOM scholarships should be accepted by the UofM before BEFORE their audition day. December 1 is the preferred deadline for acceptance to the UofM and application to the SOM for undergraduates.
The School of Music application is easy to complete. You will want to put time and thought into the application process so that it reflects who you are, what you want to do with music, and how we will achieve that together at the University of Memphis Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music.
WHO SHOULD MAKE AN ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC?
Future undergraduate music majors
Future undergraduate music minors
Future non-music majors who want to audition for applied lessons and School of Music talent based/performance scholarships
Applied Lessons Only
Current and new University of Memphis undergraduates and new undergraduates who seek applied lessons only (no School of Music scholarship), are expected to audition, but should NOT complete an application via Acceptd. Rather, you should contact the studio professor directly to set up an audition with them. LEARN MORE (LINK: https://www.memphis.edu/music/future/admiss-place.php)
TO APPLY TO THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC
After you have applied for general admission to the University, you should follow
these easy steps to apply for School of Music admission.
1. Create a profile on the Acceptd platform HERE
2. Choose your application from the list of program options
3. Review the admission/audition guidelines for your chosen program, then begin.
4. Upload required documents to your Acceptd application (as applicable)
5. Enter the name and e-mail address of a minimum of ONE recommender (some programs may require 2 or more)
6. Indicate your preferred audition date
7. Enter your audition repertoire list. Include the Song titles and Composer names.
8. Review your application entries.
9. Pay the application fee and SUBMIT 2-3 weeks before the audition day.
*The School of Music application is hosted online by Acceptd, a third party company. Acceptd charges $30 for applications with audio or video upload and $20 for applications without audio or video upload. This non-refundable application fee is due upon submission, and is payable with a credit or debit card. The online fee is not refundable. Applying online allows faculty to review your application in the most timely fashion, and is the easiest and fastest way only way to apply to the School of Music.