National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
NCATE Accreditation Continued Through 2015!
NCATE Board of Examiner's Report Posted
The NCATE Board of Examiner’s final report has been submitted to NCATE and is now posted on our website. The final BOE team report provides rationales for all team decisions regarding standards, statements of strength, and levels of performance in meeting standards. The NCATE Unit Accreditation Board will consider this BOE team report together with the CEHHS Institutional Report and then take final action on accreditation for the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences at their meeting in fall 2008.
The joint National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and Tennessee Department of Education Board of Examiners team completed its accreditation visit to the University of Memphis College of Education, Health and Human Sciences April 2, 2008. In the preliminary report that will be submitted for final action by the NCATE Unit Accreditation Board, the Board of Examiners team found all NCATE standards to be met for all initial and advanced teacher education programs, and all advanced programs for the preparation of other school professionals. The team cited no areas for improvement in their report, and cited only strengths for each NCATE standard. The final complete Board of Examiner’s report will be posted on this website within 45-60 days when it is received from NCATE.
Welcome to the University of Memphis College of Education, Health and Human Sciences NCATE website. We have created this site to assist the joint National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and Tennessee Board of Examiners team and to share accreditation information with the university and greater professional communities. We will update this site as needed leading up to our Board of Examiners visit at the end of March. Materials related to the results of our NCATE and State visit will be posted as they are available after the visit is over.
Please feel free to review this site and make recommendations for improvements to any member of the NCATE Steering Committee or to John Johnston at email@example.com or Jim Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
NCATE Steering Committee Members:
- Rebecca Anderson, Department Chair, Instruction & Curriculum Leadership
- Larry McNeal, Department Chair, Leadership
- John Johnston, Director of Assessment
- Jim Harris, College Database Programmer, and Webmaster
- Marty Alberg, Assistant Dean of P-12 Programs
- Sutton Flynt, Director of Teacher Education
- Beverly Cross, Moss Chair of Excellence in Urban Education
- Vivian Morris, Assistant Dean for Faculty & Staff Development
- Ernie Rakow, Associate Dean for Administration & Graduate Studies
- Michael Hamrick, Interim Dean, College of Education, Health and Human Sciences