Student Outcomes of the BSN Program
The baccalaureate program prepares the graduate to:
- Provide safe and high-quality nursing care across a continuum of healthcare environments.
- Use evidence based research, informatics, and technologies in nursing practice to
improve the health of diverse populations.
- Explore the impact of socio-cultural, economic, legal and political factors that shape
healthcare delivery and professional nursing practice.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively both inter-professionally and intra-professionally.
- Implement clinical prevention and health promotion strategies to improve patient health
- Demonstrate professional values and ethical behaviors in all dimensions of nursing
Student Outcomes of the MSN Program:
- Integrate knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines into advanced
nursing practice roles.
- Translate best research evidence, informatics, and technologies into advanced nursing
practice to improve health and provide safe, high quality, cost-effective care to
- Practice advanced nursing independently and collaboratively with healthcare teams
to address complex situations and coordinate care.
- Employ advocacy strategies from an advanced practice perspective to shape policy that
influences health and healthcare.