Promoting Health and Preparing Leaders.
The Loewenberg College of Nursing (LCON) is committed to the preparation of nursing professionals who share a common goal of promoting health and achieving health equity of the global community. Both the baccalaureate and master's programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
The LCON provides accessible and innovative higher education preparing leaders who promote health of the global community through excellent teaching, rigorous research, and collaborative practice/service.
To fulfill the mission, we are committed to
- Creating a learner –centered educational environment
- Inspiring life-long learning through excellence in teaching
- Shaping practice through innovation and partnerships
- Creating and disseminating knowledge through research and engaged scholarship
- Embracing diversity and cultural competence
The LCON is creating a center of excellence where education, research /scholarship, practice, and partnerships integrate to advance nursing science and to promote health of the global community.
The LCON identifies caring, diversity, integrity, and leadership as core values.
Caring is a human state, a moral imperative or ideal, an affect, an interpersonal relationship, and a nursing intervention.
Diversity is embracing the recognition, acceptance, and respect of human differences.
Integrity is acting in accordance with an appropriate professional code of ethics and accepted standards of practice.
Leadership is influencing the actions of individuals and organizations in order to achieve desired goals.
- Innovative and High Quality Academic Programs
- Student Success: Recruitment, Retention, Degree Completion, and Employment
- Advance Diversity & Inclusion
- Programs of Research/Scholarly Work
- Productive Partnerships from local to global communities
4055 N. Park Loop
University of Memphis South Campus
Memphis, TN 38152