Academic-Practice Partnership is a key to prepare nursing graduates, advance nursing science, and transform health care to improve health outcomes of patients, families, and communities. LCON builds productive partnerships in Memphis community and beyond with over 300 clinical affiliations in the region in support both undergraduate and graduate student practicum experience. Locally we partner with
- Methodists Le Bonheur Health care
- Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Regional One Health
- Delta Medical Center
- St. Francis Hospitals (Memphis and Bartlett)
- Le Bonheur Children's Hospital
- Jackson Madison County General Hospital
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Shelby County Health Department
Our Dedicated Educational Unit in LeBonheur Children's Hospital Medical Specialties Unit has been established to enhance clinical education. Nursing Residency Program in partnership with St. Jude Hospital that helps graduates to transition into professional nursing practice. Baptist Health care has provided fellowship for the Executive MSN program to prepare nurse leaders at bedside.
Each semester, our Community Health students spend a significant amount of time in the community, making a difference every day, with community organizations such as:
- American Red Cross
- Baptist Trinity Home Care
- Birthright of Memphis, Inc.
- Blood Pressure Screenings with the UofM Student Health Center
- CPR/AED Awareness classes for Shelby County Employees
- Crossroads Hospice
- DeNeuville Learning Center
- Educational presentations for school age kids through the Grizzlies Foundation
- Memphis Union Mission
- Methodist Alliance Home Care and Hospice
- Neighborhood Christian Center
- Page Robbins Adult Day Care
- St. Luke's Church Health Fair
- Shelby County School's Health Screenings
Regionally, we are part of the statewide consortium TneCampus preparing graduate nursing students (TNeCampus Consortium Outcome Data).
Globally, we partner with Jining Medical University College of Nursing to advance nursing education, with China's Southern Medical University to advance nursing scholarship, and with Shanghai San Da University to reform clinical education. Our faculty take students to Costa Rica, and Europe engaging students to learn cultural and global perspectives of health and healthcare.