Apply to BSN Program
How to Apply
Apply to LCON using the following two steps:
Apply to the University of Memphis as a Transfer or Returning Student. (Current UofM students can omit this step and proceed to Step 2).
Transfer and Returning Students: Please adhere to the UofM’s application deadline timeframe in conjunction with LCON application deadlines when submitting your University of Memphis application. Applicants are responsible for allowing sufficient processing time between UofM application and LCON application deadlines.
Once accepted to the UofM, begin the application process to the Loewenberg College of Nursing.
Deadlines to Apply
|Entry Semester||Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|Fall||September 15||February 15|
|Spring||March 1||September 1|
Note: Accelerated BSN only admits during the Fall semester.
Please allow up to six (6) weeks following the application deadline before inquiring about the status of an application. All application decisions will be sent to memphis.edu email addresses six (6) weeks after the application deadline has passed.
BSN Admissions Criteria
- Be admitted to the University of Memphis as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7
- Accelerated BSN applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree.
- Prerequisite Courses:
- ENGL 1010
- ENGL 1020
- Science: BIOL 2010/2011 - Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab
- Science: BIOL 2020/2021 - Anatomy & Physiology II/Lab
- Science: BIOL 1230/1231 - Microbiology/Lab
- PSYC 1030 or SOCI 1010
- MATH 1420, 1530, 1710, 1730, 1830, or 1910
- NUTR 2202 or NUTR 3202 - Nutrition - or - Nutrition/Health Care
- A minimum grade of “C” is required in all prerequisite courses.
- Minimum of 2.66 cumulative GPA is required for prerequisite science courses.
- Preference will be given to students who completed all science prerequisites and meet the required GPA at the time of application.
- 2 of the 3 prerequisite science courses must be completed (not in-progress) at the time of application; all 3 must be complete prior to enrollment in program.
- 1 science prerequisite course may be repeated only once; if repeated, the second earned letter grade of the repeated course will be used in the science GPA calculation (regardless if grade is higher or lower).
- The first letter grade for the remaining 2 courses will be used in the science GPA calculation.
- Applicants are required to complete prerequisite science courses within seven (7) years of LCON admission.
- A maximum of only two (2) general education courses outstanding (6 hours).
- Students who are transferring from another Nursing program must submit a letter of good standing from the Dean/Director of the previous Nursing program to the BSN Academic Services Coordinator.
- Transfer applicants with less than a grade of “C” in a Nursing course will not be eligible. This includes repeated Nursing courses in which a grade above “C” was earned.
- The following courses can be taken before or after entering the Nursing Program:
- Upper Division Elective – (Nursing or Non-Nursing)
- Statistics – (SOCI 3311, EDPR 4541, or MATH 1530)
For accelerated BSN applicants, statistics is a prerequisite that must be completed before enrolling in the program.
- Letter of Interest
- To learn about resumes/letter of interest, visit Career Services.
- Recommendation Letter
- Can be written by anyone that can speak to your academic ability (i.e. Professor, Counselor, Advisor, etc.)