High School Seniors: Pre-Admittance
Pre-Admission will be awarded to a maximum of 20 students each year. Pre-admitted students will enter the College of Nursing no sooner than their 4th semester at the University of Memphis and after successful completion of all prerequisite courses. Early entry into the program will not be permitted. Pre-admitted students who do not enter the College of Nursing in their specified semester will forfeit their guaranteed seat and will be required to re-apply for admission to the nursing program.
How to Apply
Apply to LCON using the following two steps:
Step 1: Apply to the University of Memphis as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
Step 2: Once accepted to the UofM, begin the application process to the Loewenberg College of Nursing.
Deadline to Apply
|Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|September 15||January 1|
Please allow up to six (6) weeks following the application deadline before inquiring about the status of an application.
High School students may apply in their senior year to the Loewenberg College of Nursing. Pre-Admission is highly selective. Applicants are ranked based on the GPA and ACT. Only the top ranked applicants will be offered pre-admission.
- Be admitted to the University of Memphis as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Submission of a completed online application to the Loewenberg College of Nursing (LCON) prior to the published deadline.
- Completion of high school Algebra I, II, Geometry, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Minimum ACT score of 23 with a minimum score of 21 in all areas.
- Graduation from an accredited high school with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
BSN Admissions Criteria
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7
- Prerequisite Courses:
- Science: BIOL 2010/2011 - Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab
- Science: BIOL 2020/2021 - Anatomy & Physiology II/Lab
- Science: BIOL 1230/1231 - Microbiology/Lab
- PSYC 1030 or SOCI 1010
- MATH 1420, 1530, 1710, 1730, 1830, or 1910
- NUTR 2202 or NUTR 3202 - Nutrition - or - Nutrition/Health Care
- A minimum grade of "C" is required in all prerequisite courses.
- Minimum of 2.66 cumulative GPA is required for prerequisite science courses.
- 1 science prerequisite course may be repeated only once; if repeated, the second earned letter grade of the repeated course will be used in the science GPA calculation (regardless if grade is higher or lower).
- The first letter grade for the remaining 2 courses will be used in the science GPA calculation.
- A maximum of only two (2) general education courses outstanding (6 hours).
- The following courses can be taken before or after entering the Nursing Program:
- Upper Division Elective – (Nursing or Non-Nursing)
- Statistics – (SOCI 3311, EDPR 4541, or MATH 1530)
- Letter of Interest
- To learn about resumes/letter of interest, visit Career Services.
- Recommendation Letter
- Can be written by anyone that can speak to your academic ability (i.e. Professor, Counselor, Advisor, etc.)