The Loewenberg College of Nursing - Lambuth
The Loewenberg College of Nursing offers the traditional BSN Program, online RN-BSN Program, and the MSN-FNP programs at the Lambuth Campus in Jackson, TN. The Lambuth campus is situated in a 57-acre, tree-filled, tranquil campus with stately historic buildings. Students enjoy individualized learning, appreciate tailored academic coaching and mentoring, and gain experiential learning through the largest healthcare facilities in west Tennessee and primary care clinics.
|“One thing I love about the University Of Memphis Lambuth campus is the teacher/ student
interaction. The teachers are friendly, always there for you, willing to teach you
and also help to bring out the best in you. Being a smaller campus, you are not just
a student in the nursing program but you are part of one family. Come to the University
of Memphis Lambuth campus and you will be glad you did!”
Take a peek inside one of our nursing skills labs in a virtual tour of UofM Lambuth.
|Lower Housing Rates|
BSN and RN-to-BSN Degree Requirements
- To qualify for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing, the student must complete a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- A minimum grade of "C" must be earned in each nursing course to progress. Failure to earn a minimum grade of "C" will require repeating the course before attempting other nursing courses.
- A nursing course may only be entered twice.
- Failure to earn a minimum grade of "C" or better, or "S" (clinical) when repeating a nursing course will result in disqualification from the Nursing major
- Failure to earn a "C" or better, or "S" (clinical) in two nursing courses will result in disqualification from the Nursing major.
MSN-FNP Degree Requirements
- Students enrolled in the MSN program must complete 36-46 semester hours (based on concentration area)
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA ("B"). Grades of "D" and "F" will not apply toward any graduate degree, but will be computed in the GPA. No more than 7 hours of "C-", "C," or "C+" will be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
- Students must earn a grade of "B" or better in all clinical and lab courses (NURS 7102; NURS 7602; NURS 7604; NURS 7606; NURS 7609; NURS 7207; NURS 7209; NURS 7307; NURS 7309; NURS 7909) in order to graduate.
- Academic disqualification from the graduate nursing major will occur when the student:
- fails to maintain a 3.0 GPA in graduate school.
- fails to earn a grade of "B" (3.0) or better when repeating a course.
- willfully misrepresents patient data or clinical practice.
- willfully places any patient in physical or emotional jeopardy.
- is placed on probation by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- fails to disclose a felony conviction.
- fails to disclose disciplinary action or diversion by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- fails to complete all degree requirements within five years of entering graduate nursing coursework
- All requirements for the MSN degree must be completed in 5 calendar years.
Tuition and Fees
For the most current information regarding tuition, visit the University & Student Business Services.
Please be advised that there are additional fees for the pre-licensure BSN program:
- A $30 per credit fee is assessed for each nursing course.
- Nursing skills lab courses carry a charge of $122 per credit to cover the cost of medical supplies.
- $50 testing fee for NCLEX success applied to nursing specialty courses.
|Toni Marie Briley
Academic Services Coordinator
|Dr. Joy Hoffman
BSN Program Director
|Dr. Eric Bailey II
Assistant Dean of Nursing Students
|Dr. Christie Manasco
Assistant Dean of Nursing-Lambuth