Required Nursing Data Documents
Nursing students are required throughout the MSN program to be current in essential vaccinations, and to maintain certifications and liability insurance to protect themselves and clients in their care, and to meet clinical site requirements.
The following vaccinations and screens are required, and must be maintained in Typhon:
- Physical Examination (signed by your health care provider)
- Student Signature Form
- Release of Student Information and Acknowledgement
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): Evidence of 2 doses of MMR, four weeks apart or documentation of positive titers.
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis: A current Tdap vaccination within past ten years.
- Polio: Evidence of childhood immunization or a positive antibody test.
- Hepatitis B (Heptavax): Three dose series (dose #1, #2 in one month, #3 approximately five months after#2-any series outside of this will require titer showing immunity) or sign waiver on page 5.
- Varicella (chickenpox): Evidence of a positive varicella titer; date and result. If titer is negative, written documentation of two varicella vaccines given no less than four to eight weeks apart.
- TB skin test: An annual negative PPD test for tuberculosis or the statement from a health care provider attesting to a negative tuberculosis status. A two-step test not necessary.
- Flu Shot: An annual flu shot is required between October and December unless you have an allergy to eggs, in which case you will need to upload a waiver stating such signed by your health provider.
- Malpractice Insurance: The bursar will charge your student account $5 in the spring and $5 in the fall to be on the group policy.
- CPR certification: MSN students are required to maintain CPR certification through the American Heart Association. Please upload the front and back of the card.
Criminal background check and urine drug screen (UDS): Upon acceptance to the program, all students are required to complete a criminal background check and a urine drug screen (UDS) at the student’s expense conducted by the designated vendor. Criminal background check updates will be required annually thereafter and may be required more frequently depending upon the clinical site. A UDS will be required annually until the student enters the clinical practicum. Upon enrollment into the clinical practicum a UDS will be required 30 days prior to each fall and spring semester. Any student out of programming for a semester or more (excluding summer) will be required to complete an additional background check and UDS upon their return.