The Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) provides institutional leadership in promoting
and furthering the University’s commitment to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination
for all members of its community.
OIE provides a range of services that uphold values of equity and diversity, as well
as support compliance efforts in the areas of equal opportunity, affirmative action,
harassment prevention, nondiscrimination and Title IX.
Ms. Ceecy Reed
Coordinator, Equity Program
The mission of the Office for Institutional Equity is to provide leadership, programming
and support for faculty, staff and students on matters relating to equal opportunity,
equitable treatment, diversity, access, affirmative action and inclusiveness.
To fulfill its mission, the Office for Institutional Equity engages in the following
- Providing information, consultation, training and other resources to the University
community with regard to diversity, harassment and discrimination prevention, affirmative
action, equal opportunity and disability matters;
- Serving as a resource to ensure access to all qualified persons with disabilities
under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act;
- Providing individual consultation to University to members of the campus community
on matters involving diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action;
- Providing a fair and impartial mechanism for resolving complaints of unlawful harassment,
discrimination, sexual misconduct and retaliation; and
- Providing oversight of and support for the University’s efforts to comply with all
applicable State and Federal civil rights laws and its affirmative action plan.