The following resources are tailored to our MBA students:
- New Student Guide: get started as an MBA student.
- Course Completion Checklists: track your progress towards degree completion.
- Graduation Instructions: must read if you plan to graduate soon.
- Step-by-step Candidacy Form Instructions: needed to apply for graduation.
Also, we have grouped other resources in the UofM website by topic:
- Academic Resources: calendars, forms, internships, etc.
- Campus Resources: campus map, parking, student ID, campus gym, etc.
- Financial Resources: deadlines for tuition payments, etc.
- Student Services: health center, disability resources, veteran services, international student services, etc.
If you are a new student, you may find it helpful to bookmark this webpage, as it contains links that you will use throughout your time as a UofM student.
To get started, you will need to get set up with a University of Memphis account and password, and submit documentation required by Tennessee law.
- Initialize your University of Memphis account: the Office of Graduate Admissions will send you a 20-digit verification code via email or traditional mail. You will need to provide this code to initialize your account.
- Submit your EVEA documentation: the Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) requires students to provide proof of their legal presence.
All communication should be conducted through your memphis.edu email. Be sure to check your UofM email regularly.
- Log in to your UofM email account through https://ummail.memphis.edu.
- Have your UofM forwarded to your personal email through iAM.memphis.edu.
As a UofM graduate student, you are expected to be familiar with the following documents:
- Rules, Regulations and Degree Requirements of the Graduate School..
- Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Step-by-step Registration Checklist: get started enrolling for courses.
- Registrar's page: here you can find more information about Registration.
- eCourseware: access course materials for the courses you are enrolled in.
Other than coursework at the UofM, the following may be counted towards your degree:
- Transfer Credit if you completed graduate work at another institution, you must apply for Transfer Credit.
- Experiential Learning Credit: you must apply to have Experiential Learning Credit counted towards your degree.
The following options are available to students who only take classes online.
- Immunization Exemption Request: full-time online students may request to be exempted from immunization requirements.
- Enroll in UM Global: students who complete 100% of their degree online may enroll in UM Global to access to lower tuition costs. Visit our Tuition and Fees page for more information.
- Obtain a University ID card: this card is needed to access the library, health center, recreation center, sporting
events, etc. Read more about the University ID card here.
- You must be registered for courses to receive a University ID card. For instructions to register, click here.
- After registration, stop by Wilder Tower (WT) 115 to obtain your University ID card.
- Parking Permits: all enrolled students will receive a General Permit parking pass in the mail. Visit the Parking Services website for more information.
- If you have not received a parking permit prior to the beginning of classes, contact Parking Services, located in Zach Curlin Parking Garage (PG2), phone number (901) 678-2212.
- If you would like to upgrade your permit to a garage or parking lot near the Fogelman College building, you can upgrade your parking pass online.
- Immunization Requirements: the state of Tennessee requires students to meet certain immunization requirements and health standards. Read more about immunization and health requirements.
Use the following checklists to track your progress towards completing your degree:
Use these checklists to complete your candidacy form before you graduate. Access the step-by-step guide to complete your candidacy form here.
- University Calendars
- Graduate School Calendar
- Graduate School Forms
- Professional Development Center (internships and career opportunities)
- Tuition payments and deadlines
- University of Memphis Tuition Calculator
- FCBE Scholarships
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Assistantships
- Student Health Center
- International Student Services
- University & Student Business Services
- Veterans Services
- Disability Resources for Students