Driven by promoting healthy communities.
To produce the next generation of interdisciplinary public health leaders who can influence population health. Using the expertise of faculty and academic practice partners, promote health equity through innovation and excellence in interdisciplinary education, research, service, community engagement.
Vision for the Future
To be recognized as one of the nation's premier metropolitan schools of public health, and a leader in education, research and practice.
SPH Core Values
Faculty, staff, and students wholeheartedly adopt the University's motto—Driven by doing. Similarly, the School of Public Health's values are:
- The pursuit of excellence in teaching and research as the highest measure of successful achievement
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and research as vehicles for leveraging our resources, solving problems, and multiplying our accomplishments
- The transfer and dissemination of knowledge with community stakeholders for the intellectual, economic, and social advancement of our community
- Innovation and creativity in everything we do
- Respect for diversity and individual worth
- Integrity and transparency in all our actions
- Responsible stewardship and conservation of resources
- Stewardship of wisdom, knowledge, and information created by our predecessors
- Leadership and involvement in the economic, social, and professional growth of Memphis, the State of Tennessee, and the nation