Interdisciplinary Public Health Certificate
The School of Public Health launches the Interdisciplinary Public Health Certificate Program for existing high school and undergraduate students.
What is Public Health?
“Public Health is the practice of preventing disease and promoting good health within groups of people, from small communities to entire countries.” - Source: www.apha.org
Why is Public Health Important?
To educate the next generation of interdisciplinary public health leaders who can influence population health.
What is the Interdisciplinary Public Health Certificate Program?
The Interdisciplinary Public Health Certificate program is an opportunity for existing high school and undergraduate students to:
- Be at and take courses at the University of Memphis School of Public Health
- Engage with national and international experts in Public Health
- Have a cultural immersive experience with other high school and undergraduate students from around the world
- Collaborate with community partners, hospitals and public health organizations
- Environmental and Climate Health
Introduces the framework, methodologies and applications of environmental health and public health impacts and adaptations to climate change while equipping students with approaches to assessing and controlling environmental risks and climate threats.
- Social Determinants and Health Disparities
Introduces students to the social and economic conditions that affect individual and population health as well as the role of public health practitioners to improve health outcomes through interventions, programmatic, and policy changes.
- Health Data Analytics and Informatics
Provides an overview of the source, flow, management and analysis of health data focusing on describing, presenting and interpreting empirical evidence in public health.
- Global Health Crises and Milestones
Introduces students to significant milestones in the field of public health, taking a global perspective when analyzing and exploring major public health events that have affected health and well-being around the world.
- Public Health in Action
Students will complete a course project that applies research methods, experiential learning and public health practice to produce feasible solutions for a specific public health issue.
- Flexible: Online and Hybrid Options
- Design public health innovations and solutions
- Develop skills to take action
- Interdisciplinary and multisectoral career path
- The benefits of participating in the Interdisciplinary Public Health Certificate program are the ability to build a career in the field of public health and to make a community impact by addressing real, 21st century public health challenges with innovative solutions to improve health and well-being
- High school students in grades 11 and 12
- Current undergraduate students
Potential Career Paths
- Community Health Educator
- Preventive Specialist
- Program Coordinator
- Research Assistant / Associate
- Community Health Outreach Specialist
- Population Health Coordinator
Common Employment Organizations
- Non-profit Organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Healthcare Providers
- Medical / Community Centers
For frequently asked questions about the program, please visit our FAQ.
|Request More Information Here