Faculty Dashboard: Edit
You can edit your Faculty Dashboard to alter its contents.
Click Preferences to view the Faculty Dashboard Preferences screen:
Links - Most likely, you will not want to alter these.
- Class List - If you uncheck this, the Class icon/Summary Class List link will disappear from your Dashboard.
- Wait List - This can be checked or unchecked: we do not use wait-listing at UofM.
- Syllabus - If you uncheck this, the Syllabus icon/link will disappear from your Dashboard.
- Office Hours - If you uncheck this, the Office Hours icon/link will disappear from your Dashboard.
- Email Class - If you uncheck this, the email icon/capability will disappear from your Dashboard.
From Term - The current term is probably the best setting to have. The further back in time you set the term, the more likely you are to overload the portlet's display capacity and, thus, receive the "There are too many courses..." message.
Number of Rows - Probably it is best to leave this at five. If you have more courses to display (without exceeding the portlet's character capacity), then you will receive the "More" button and can view those classes.
Sort Option - "Term" is the default, but you can change it to "Subject" if this makes sense for you.
Back - Returns you to the normal portlet view.
Reset - Returns the portlet's settings to their default value (see image above). After clicking Reset, click Apply, and then click Back to return to the Dashboard view.
Apply - Click this to confirm any setting changes you have made. Then, click Back.