Tigers Fight Hunger
The Tigers Fight Hunger initiative is dedicated to fighting campus food insecurity. By having the Tiger Pantry and Tiger Meal Swipe Program as resources available to the U of M community.
The Tiger Pantry is a choice pantry open to current University of Memphis students. The pantry generally carries non-perishable food items, basic toiletries, and basic household items.
Hours & Location
To access the pantry or to learn more visit Student Accountability, Outreach & Support in University Center, Room 359 from Mondays through Fridays between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Support the Tiger Pantry by Giving
Support the Tiger Pantry with a monetary donation
Financial support allows the Tiger Pantry to fill the gaps on the shelves when necessary. The Tiger Pantry is proud to partner with the Mid-South Food Bank to expand our capacity in providing a sustainable variety of food to the students in need at the University of Memphis
- Visit the University of Memphis Annual Giving site
- Select the "Tiger Pantry" designation
- Indicate your donation amount and occurrence
Just a $5 monthly donation can be utilized to purchase over 200 lbs. of food and products for the Tiger Pantry! As we are Driven by Doing and Making a Difference, please consider helping a member of our U of M Community with a monthly or one-time donation TODAY!
Donation bins are available in the following locations
- Dean of Students Office, UC 359
- Student Academic Success Office, AD 235
- University Center Help Desk, 1st floor of the UC
Tiger Meal Swipes
Tiger Meal Swipes allow students in need of temporary food assistance five (5) meal swipes to the Tiger Den located on campus. Meal Swipes are collected through students donating their un-used guest meals. The Tiger Meal Swipes Program is a partnership between Student Accountability, Outreach & Support, Tiger Dining, Campus Card, and Student Government Association.
Want to donate meals?
- Students who wish to donate guest meals can donate during the Tiger Meal Swipes donation drive in the beginning of each semester.
- Students can also donate by submitting an online meal donation form.
How many guest meals do I have?
- If you have a resident meal plan, you start the semester with ten (10) guest meals. If you have a commuter meal plan, you start the semester with five (5) guest meals.
Check your guest meal balance at any time on the Campus Card website.
Don't have a meal plan?
- Students who want to help fight food insecurity on our campus who don't have meal plans are welcome to get involved by volunteering with fundraising efforts to collect meals or supporting the Tiger Pantry.
Students in need of temporary food assistance are encouraged to submit a Tiger Meal Swipe Application. The Office of Student Accountability, Outreach & Support will review the application, determine eligibility, and will notify you with a decision. Meal cards obtained through the Tiger Meal Swipe program can only be used at the Tiger Den dining facility on campus.
Want to become an advocate for campus food insecurity? Support the Tigers Fight Hunger initiative by getting involved.
Volunteer Opportunities include
- Tiger Meal Swipe Donation Drive
- Organizing the Tiger Pantry
- Stocking the Tiger Pantry
- Hosting donation drives
- Promoting Tigers Fight Hunger
- Joining TFH student task force
By getting involved with Tigers Fight Hunger meet Student Leadership & Professional Competencies.
To learn more about how to get involved, please email us at email@example.com.