The online concentration in Healthcare Leadership (HCL) provides a comprehensive exposure to the field of leadership with coursework in areas such as the healthcare environment, professionalism, leadership, business skills, and communication. The need for qualified healthcare administrators with leadership acumen and ethical fitness is significant, as these individuals are in great demand within the dynamic and complex healthcare landscape. Undergraduate students enrolled in the HCL program have multiple internship opportunities, in addition to completing a senior project. Upon graduation, students wishing to pursue more advanced coursework in related areas ( e.g., healthcare administration, public health, health promotion) can do so.
Notable Advantages of the Healthcare Leadership Program:
- Completely online program for maximum convenience and flexibility
- Experiential learning credits
- Competency based testing for credit
- No time limit on transfer credits
- Experienced professors
- Aligned with Association University Programs of Health Administration certification
- Engaging and relevant internship opportunities
- Great job market upon graduation
Students graduating with a BS degree with a concentration in healthcare leadership are well prepared to attend graduate school within the following areas:
- Master of Science in Health and Sport Science with a concentration in Health Promotion
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Business Administration
- Master in Healthcare Administration
*Note: Students should seek the guidance of the Academic Services Coordinator, the pre-health professional advisor, faculty mentors, and/or the school of interest with regards to needed prerequisite courses for graduate school admission.
Students are also well prepared to begin employment within the following areas:
- Ambulatory care facilities
- Long-term healthcare settings
- Health maintenance organizations
- Medical group practices
- Community health settings
- Local and federal government health agencies
- Pharmaceutical firms
- Insurance companies
The Healthcare Leadership program allowed me to find my true passion within the healthcare field from the abundance of courses focusing on leadership, management, business dexterities, communication, informatics, and the environment itself. The online class environment enabled me to create my own schedule and exercise great time management. The faculty is one of the best parts as I have adored each and every professor I have crossed paths with. The Healthcare Leadership program is what now has led me to landing my first internship with Methodist Healthcare and I am eager to see just where the knowledge I've gained takes me.
- Camryn Palmer, B.S.
I came into college not really knowing what I wanted to do, just that I wanted something health care related. I really love the Healthcare Leadership program because I still have so many different career options after graduation. Having my classes online gives me the freedom and flexibility I need, while still getting a great education. My professors are easily accessible and always very helpful. I have no doubt that Healthcare Leadership was the right program for me.
- Alyssa Bolin, B.S.