About Latrice C. Pichon
Latrice C. Pichon, PhD, MPH, CHES, is an Associate Professor in the Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health. She completed her PhD in Public Health with a concentration in Health Behavior from the Joint Doctoral Program in Public Health at San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego in August of 2008. She received post-doctoral training in community-based participatory research (CBPR) in the Kellogg Health Scholars Program at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. Her research focuses on exploring the role of the faith-based community in addressing HIV awareness and prevention, partnering with community-based organizations to understand HIV outreach, care, and utilization needs among vulnerable populations, and using the application of community-based participatory research approaches.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Kellogg Health Scholars Program (Community Track), University of Michigan School of Public Health
- PhD, Joint Doctoral Program in Public Health at San Diego State University/ University of California, San Diego - Concentration: Public Health (Health Behavior)
- MPH, San Diego State University, Graduate School of Public Health - Concentration: Health Promotion
- HIV prevention and care
- Community-based participatory research (CBPR)
- Faith-based research
- Pichon, LC, Williams, TT, Ogg, SA, Williams, AL, Becton-Odum, N. (2015) Factors Influencing Black Churches' Readiness to Address HIV. Journal of Religion and Health. DOI 10.1007/s10943-015-0117-3.
- Pichon, LC, Rossi, KR, Ogg, SA, Krull, L, Griffin, DY. (2015). Social Support, Stigma, and Disclosure: Examining the Relationship with HIV Medication Adherence among Ryan White Program Clients in the Mid-South USA. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12, 7073-7084. Doi:10.3390/ijerph120607073.
- Williams, TT, Griffith, DM, Pichon, LC, Campbell, B, Allen, JO, Sanchez, JC. (2011). Involving Faith-Based Organizations in Adolescent HIV Prevention. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action, 5(4), 425-431.
- Pichon, LC, Griffith, DM, Campbell, B, Allen, JO, Williams, TT, and Addo, A. (2012). Faith leaders' comfort level implementing an HIV prevention curriculum in a faith setting. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 23(3), 1254-1266.
- Williams, TT, Dodd, D, Campbell, B, Pichon, LC, Griffith, DM. (2012). Discussing Adolescent Sexual Health in African-American churches. Journal of Religion and Health. DOI: 10.1007/s10943-012-9632-7.
- Pichon, LC, Williams, TT, Campbell, B. Faith Leaders Beliefs Concerning HIV Prevention—30 Years into the Epidemic. (2013). Family & Community Health, 36(3), 260-268.
- Teti, M., Pichon, LC, Kabel, A., Farnan, R., and Binson, D. (2013). Taking pictures to take control: Photovoice as a tool to facilitate empowerment among poor and racial/ethnic minority women with HIV/AIDS. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 24(6), 539-553.
- Williams, TT, Pichon, LC, Latkin, CA, Davey-Rothwell, M. (2014). Practicing What is Preached: Congregational Characteristics Related to HIV Testing Behaviors and HIV Discussions among Black Women. Journal of Community Psychology, 42(3), 365-378. DOI: 10.1002/jcop.21615
- Williams, TT, Pichon, LC, Campbell, B. (2014). Sexual Health Communication within Religious African American Families. Health Communication. 1-11. DOI: 10.1080/10410236.2013.856743.
- Morrell, KR, Pichon, LC, Chapple-McGruder, T, Kmet, JM, Chandler, A, Terry, ML. (2014). Prevalence and Correlates of HIV-Risk Behaviors among Homeless Adults in Memphis, Tennessee. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, 7(1), 84-96.
- Hall, H. and Pichon, LC. (2014). Gender Roles, Sociosexuality, and Sexual Behavior among U.S. Black Women. Health Psychology and Behavioural Medicine, 2:1, 171-182.
- Williams, TT, Pichon, LC, Latkin, CA, Davey-Rothwell, M. (2015). Church Attendance as a Predictor of Number of Sexual Health Topics Discussed among High Risk HIV Negative Black Women. Archives of Sexual Behavior. DOI:10.1007/s10508-015-0506-4.
- Pichon, LC, Powell, TW. (2015). Review of HIV Testing Efforts in Historically Black Churches. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12: 6016-6026. DOI:10.3390/ljerph120606016.
Obong'o, CO, Pichon, LC, Powell, TW, Williams, AL (2015). Service Providers' Recommendations for Partnering with Churches on HIV Prevention. AIDS Care. DOI 10.1080/09540121.2016.1139666.