Graduate Certificate in Health Analytics
The goal of the Certificate in Health Analytics is to provide working public health and healthcare professionals with formal training in health analytics and skills necessary to engage in population health delivery in the changing landscape of health reform. The certificate program will be open to all health professionals, medical professionals, allied health professionals, and students with interest in health analytics in West Tennessee and across the nation. The courses will be available in person and some online. Students can possibly apply the credits toward MPH/MHA degree.
Graduates of the certificate program will be prepared to:
- Collaborate with health-related researchers on projects that require statistical expertise for data analyses
- Apply established biostatistical methods to analyze health and healthcare related data for individuals, community, or institutions (e.g., Hospitals), or health-related industries (e.g., pharmaceutical companies) and interpret the findings
- Effectively summarize and analyze hospital data such as electronic medical records, health care quality metrics, and health care costs
- Apply advanced data mining techniques to examine and analyze large data sets
- Implement statistical predictive models to assess health risks and identify risk factors
- Gain skills in data management, understand the process of dealing with large disparate data, and be able to use advanced SAS/R programming techniques to analyze high-dimensional data
Certificate Curriculum & Requirements
- Students enrolled in the certificate program must complete a total of 15 credit hours.
- PUBH 7150 Biostatistical Methods I
- PUBH 7152 Biostatistical Methods II
- PUBH 7/8308 Applied Multivariate Statistics
- PUBH 7190 SAS Programming for PUBH Professionals I
- PUBH 7205 Special Topics: Mining Data OR PUBH 7/8104 Large Data Sets
- For detailed information about this certificate program, including policies, course names and descriptions, visit the Graduate Catalog.
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA ("B"). Grades of "D" and "F" will not apply toward any graduate degree, but will be computed in the GPA. No more than 7 hours of "C-", "C," or "C+" will be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
- All requirements for the certificate must be completed in 8 calendar years.
Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition, visit the University & Student Business Services' Tuition Estimator.
Shirl Sharpe, MS
Hongmei Zhang, PhD, MS