Health Systems Leadership Certificate
The Health Systems Leadership graduate certificate provides students with training in areas critical to 21st century healthcare, public health, and community health leadership. Learn the skills you need to lead the way forward in your organization, your city, and your world. Complete the certificate part-time and online over the course of one calendar year. Credit earned for the courses may be applied to an MHA or MPH degree.
Certificate Curriculum & Requirements
- Students enrolled in the certificate program must complete a total of 12 credit hours.
- HADM 7140 Population Health Management (fall) (online only)
- PUBH 7180 Foundations of Public Health (fall)
- HADM 7105 Health Policy and the Organization of Health Services (Spring)
- HADM 7110 Leadership and Organizational Change in Healthcare (Summer) (online only)
- For detailed information about this certificate program, including policies, course names and descriptions, visit the Graduate Catalog.
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA ("B"). Grades of "D" and "F" will not apply toward any graduate degree, but will be computed in the GPA. No more than 7 hours of "C-", "C," or "C+" will be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
- All requirements for the certificate must be completed in 8 calendar years.
Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition, visit the University & Student Business Services' Tuition Estimator.
Shirl Sharpe, MS
M. Paige Powell, PhD, MHA