Travel and Travel Reimbursements: A Shared Responsibility
Important Notice: In our efforts to continue to take all reasonable precautions to reduce the impacts of COVID-19, the University is suspending all travel, domestic and international, for as long as local, state and federal social distancing guidelines are in place. University personnel who had previously approved travel planned should work with their supervisors and the Controller’s office regarding the details of cancellation and related financial questions. Any request for an exception will need to be reviewed and approved at the senior leadership level.
The Shared Services Center (SSC) is currently providing support for domestic in-state and out-of-state travel, international, and blanket travel for staff and faculty travel.
Note: Travel, within the SSC, is a multi-faceted process. Any business trip which includes reimbursement will involve different people/units, depending on where in the cycle the travel planning or reimbursement is located.
The Traveler's responsibilities include:
- Obtaining prior authorization to travel from an administrative superior or other administrative official.
- Submitting initial P.O. requests via the helpdesk no fewer than 14 days advance of departure date (Domestic). As of November 1, 2014 International requires 21 days advance of departure date.
- Completing all necessary information on the Helpdesk ticket and electronically attaching any required receipts.
- Submitting claims for reimbursement no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the completion of travel.
The Financial Manager's responsibilities include:
- Checking the Expense Report to ensure all expenses are allocable and allowable for the trip.
- Providing Index # and travel budget.
- Delivering approved travel claims & original receipts to the Shared Services Center.
Shared Services Center responsibilities include:
- Creating the Travel Purchase Order.
- Starting the Travel Reimbursement process.
- Updating the Traveler on the status of their travel P.O. and reimbursement.
- Providing timely and accurate service.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SSC at ext. 2052 or email@example.com.