Travel and Travel Reimbursements: A Shared Responsibility
The Shared Services Center (SSC) is currently providing support for domestic in-state and out-of-state travel, international, and blanket travel for staff and faculty travel.
Note: Travel, within the SSC, is a multi-faceted process. Any business trip which includes reimbursement will involve different people/units, depending on where in the cycle the travel planning or reimbursement is located.
The Traveler's responsibilities include:
- Obtaining prior authorization to travel from an administrative superior or other administrative official.
- Submitting initial P.O. requests via the helpdesk no fewer than 14 days advance of departure date (Domestic). As of November 1, 2014 International requires 21 days advance of departure date.
- Completing all necessary information on the Helpdesk ticket and electronically attaching any required receipts.
- Submitting claims for reimbursement no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the completion of travel.
The Financial Manager's responsibilities include:
- Checking the Expense Report to ensure all expenses are allocable and allowable for the trip.
- Providing Index # and travel budget.
- Delivering approved travel claims & original receipts to the Shared Services Center.
Shared Services Center responsibilities include:
- Creating the Travel Purchase Order.
- Starting the Travel Reimbursement process.
- Updating the Traveler on the status of their travel P.O. and reimbursement.
- Providing timely and accurate service.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the SSC at ext. 2052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.