SSP participants are eligible for additional financial assistance to help defray college expenses. Specific deadlines may apply for certain programs.
TRIO Classic and TRIO STEM
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be completed to qualify you for UofM, state, and federal aid.
- Grant Aid – available to SSP participants who are in their first four semesters of college and receiving a Pell Grant. Recipients must be actively engaged in programming and show that they have unmet need. This supplemental award can be used to lower student loan debt and pay for college-related expenses including tuition. Recipients must be actively engaged in designated SSP activities including attending regularly scheduled meetings with your Retention Specialist, attending a minimum number of workshops, and complying with individual success plan goals.
- Schadt TRIO Book Scholarship - annually awards four $1000 book scholarships to deserving SSP participants. This competitive scholarship process generally opens up annually during February.
- Tiger Scholarship Manager – your one stop shop for UofM private and departmental scholarships
- TLSAMP – available to minority students in STEM majors, Research stipends available for
juniors and seniors.
- S-STEM - award scholarships to economically disadvantaged students in select STEM-related majors