Summer Bridge FAQs
- What are the requirements to participant in the Summer Bridge Program?
Participation requires that you meet SSP program eligibility requirements and plan to enroll at the University of Memphis main campus.
- How do I apply for Summer Bridge?
Please visit https://www.memphis.edu/ssp/apply to apply.
- Are transfer students eligible for participation?
Yes, if you have less than 20 transfer credit hours coming into the University of Memphis you may be eligible for participation.
- If I do not participant in Summer Bridge Program can I still participant in Student
Yes, you would apply using the same link as above.
- Is housing provided for this program?
Since UofM students have the option of moving in one week prior to the start of classes, housing costs for summer bridge are not supplemented by SSP.
- How will I be notified if I am accepted?
If you are accepted you will be notified via your UofM email account.
- Are college credit hours offered?
Participants can earn up to six college credits via College Level Examination Placement (CLEP).
- Why should I attend Summer Bridge?
Your participation will allow for cultivating lifelong friendships with peers in your freshman class. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to “jump start” your academic career and gain skills necessary to excel in your chosen major.
For more information please contact Heather Kenny at email@example.com or 901.678.1583.