Student Leadership and Professional Competencies [SLPC]
A student engaged through Student Leadership and Involvement will be exposed to a variety of experiences that will enhance what they learn in the classroom. Below are the six competency clusters that University of Memphis students should aim to develop through their different experiences on, and off, campus.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Students will understand and demonstrate the importance of working with others effectively.
- Learning & Reasoning: Students will understand and demonstrate the importance of gathering data to make informed decisions.
- Professional & Strategic Planning: Students will be able to project their professional brand, demonstrate effective work habits, and set goals for leadership in college and in their intended career field.
- Communication & Digital Technology: Students will be able to communicate in a multitude of ways including through use of existing and new technologies
- Self-Awareness & Personal Behavior: Students will be able to identify their strengths, weaknesses, and ways to develop while being a person of integrity.
- Leadership & Civic Responsibility: Students will be able to guide a group to reach a common goal and understand their contributions to their community.
Tracking Competency Growth
Students can track their development across the Student Leadership & Professional Competencies through reflections in the Experience feature of Tiger Zone. Tracking competency growth allows students to reflect on how their involvement experiences support their co-curricular learning and contribute to their post-collegiate professional life. Click the following link and follow the below steps to begin tracking your competencies!
- Click "add experience."
- Select the competency you wish to reflect on.
- Complete the questions.
- Click "save."