Provisional Admission:Undergraduates are required to complete at least 45 hours before applying provisional
admission. Among those hours the following courses must be passed: ENGL 1010, ENGL
1020, COMM 2381, MATH 1420 or equivalent, SPED 2000 (PETE majors take PETE 3308) and
EDPR 2111.They must have a 2.75 Cumulative GPA before applying.Undergraduate Students
must pass all portions of the PRAXIS Core Academic Skills Test for Educators (CORE) unless
they have an Enhanced ACT score of 22 or above or a combined score of 1020 or above
on the SAT. Please note passing the writing exam is a non-negotiable and can not be
Full Admission: Candidates apply for full admission the semester prior to their Residency Year. Each
1. have a 3.0 overall grade point average;
2. passing scores on the appropriate Praxis II Content Knowledge Exam. Please note
in PETE and Art the exam includes Content Knowledge and Design.
3. Pass an on-demand writing task
4. Provide committee an exemplar from their course work
5. Pass a program faculty interview.
Graduate students must have a 3.00 cumulative Undergraduate GPA to be admitted to the MAT. Graduate Students are required
to begin the TEP application process before they are allowed to enroll in any courses.
Provisional Admission:To be provisionally admitted they must pass all parts of the Core Academic Skills
Test for Educators(CORE) or GRE (Verbal 143, Quant 138, Writing 3.5) and the Praxis
II Content Knowledge (PETE's exam is Content Design) that is associated with their
licensure area,pass an interview and have a 3.00 undergraduate gpa. Please note passing
the writing exam is non-negotiable and can not be appealed.
Full Admission: Graduate candidates apply for full admission to TEP the semester before their clinical
teaching semester. The requirements for full admission include:
1. 3.25 graduate gpa.
2. passing scores on all required licensure exams
3. pass an on-demand writing task
4. provide committee an exemplar from course work
5. Successful program faculty interview.
Applications can be turned in at any time, but you will want to meet these deadlines
to schedule interviews:
- January 31st for TEP reviews in the Spring
- September 15th for TEP reviews in the Fall
Hand in your packet at Ball Hall 202 (no faxes accepted)
or mail it to:
Office of Teacher Education
Ball Hall 202
Memphis, TN 38152