Undergraduate Advising Forms
All forms are for undergraduate students in the College of Education. Directions for using each form as well as using the DocuSign program are below. Jump to the form you that need with the following links:
- Click on the form you would like to complete.
- You will be prompted to enter your full name and your university email address.
- Click "Begin Signing." This will open the form.
- To complete the form, click "Continue."
- To finish the form later, click "Finish Later" and enter your email address for a link to the form.
- Please fill out the required information. (You can hover over the field to see if the information is required or optional.)
- Once you have filled out the information, click "Sign." You will be prompted to enter
your full name and initials.
- You can select one of the prepopulated DocuSign signatures, draw your own signature, or upload an image of your signature.
- Once you choose a signature, click "Adopt and Sign."
- After you have filled out the required fields, signed the form, and are ready to submit, click "Finish" at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like to save a copy of the document for your own records, you can download or print the form. This is optional.
- Click "Close" to finish the DocuSign process, and you will be redirected to a screen that says, "You're All Done!"
- Once you are finished, the DocuSign form is automatically sent to the College of Education.
Undergraduate students wanting to declare a major in the College of Education may use the DocuSign form above to request a major change. By submitting this form, you are giving consent for the College of Education to change your major. Students may also indicate if they would like to add or drop a minor. Once your form has been submitted, you will be contacted by the undergraduate academic advisor. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to be made to your UMdegree.
Link to the Add/Drop Minor Request Form>
Undergraduate College of Education students wanting to add or drop a minor, but not change their major, may fill out the DocuSign form above. By submitting this form, you are giving consent for the College of Education to add or drop your minor. Once your form has been submitted, you will be contacted by the undergraduate academic advisor. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to be made to your UMdegree.
Link to the Self-Advising Request Form>
This form may only be completed by current undergraduate College of Education students who have elected to be self-advised rather than meeting with their advisor. To be self-advised, please complete this form via DocuSign. On the form, you will propose which courses you want to take for the upcoming semester. Make sure to use your UMdegree and/or degree sheets to familiarize yourself with your degree progress and requirements. Once your form has been processed, you will be contacted by your academic advisor, and your pin will be cleared for registration. Your academic advisor will email you concerning any changes that should be made to your proposed schedule. Please note it may take 3-5 business days for your form to be processed.
Students must meet all the following criteria to qualify for self-advising:
- The student must be a current undergraduate College of Education major.
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- Students on Academic Warning, Academic Probation or returning from Academic Suspension must make an advising appointment.
- The student must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- The student must acknowledge that admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP)
requires all students to have either a 21 ACT composite score or have passed the Praxis
- Additional information can be found at our Praxis Exams link>.
- The student must acknowledge that they understand the Teacher Education Program (TEP) requirements> and background check policies>.
- The student must acknowledge that they understand that they must take and PASS all Praxis II Series exams required by their major prior to beginning Residency II.
Students who meet any one of the following are NOT eligible for self-advising:
- Student athletes
- Newly transferred students
- Newly readmitted students
- Students returning from Academic Suspension
Students who do not qualify for self-advising must schedule an advising appointment through Navigate> or by calling the Office of Teacher Education at 901.678.2377.
Contact Jayme Nobles, the College of Education Undergraduate Advisor at email@example.com