Graduate Teacher Licensure

The Office of Teacher Education and Clinical Practice provides assistance for University of Memphis students seeking teaching licensure in the State of Tennessee. Please use the menu to the left of this page for instructions and information on the different licenses available. Students who wish to obtain a license from another state must contact the Department of Education for that state. Please visit U.S. Department of Education's State Contacts for a list of state by state education agencies.

For questions or concerns regarding Tennessee Teaching Licensure, please contact our Licensing and Certification Specialist, Mary Lanier or at 901-678-2377.

Graduate Licensure Areas offered at the University of Memphis

All licensure areas are offered at the Graduate level.

Biology 6-12 Japanese 6-12
Chemistry 6-12 Latin 6-12
Chinese PreK-12 Library Information Specialist PreK-12 (Master's degree req.)
Early Childhood PreK-3 Mathematics 6-12
Earth Science 6-12 Physical Education K-12
Economics 6-12 Physics 6-12
Elementary K-5 Psychology 9-12
English 6-12 Russian 6-12
ESL PreK-12 Reading Specialist PreK-12 (Add on endorsement ONLY)
French 6-12 School Counselor PreK-12
Geography 6-12 School Psychologist PreK-12 (Via Psychology Dept.)
German 6-12 School Social Worker PreK-12
Government 6-12 Sociology 9-12
History 6-12 Spanish 6-12
Instructional Leadership-Aspiring Special Ed., Comprehensive K-12
Instructional Leadership-Beginning Special Ed., Early Childhood, PreK-3
Instrumental Music K-12 Special Ed., Speech/Lang. PreK-12 (Via Speech Pathology)
Interventionist 6-12 (Special Ed., Modified) Visual Arts K-12
Interventionist K-8 (Special Ed., Modified)  Vocal/General Music K-12