IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT
YOUR BACCALAUREATE CONTRACT
- In order to design your own degree, you must first be admitted to the University of
Memphis. You can start an application by following the link to the right.
- Once you have received your acceptance letter from the University of Memphis, you
must declare a major in University College by submitting the University College Declaration
of Major form.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.500 or above to be eligible for
the Baccalaureate Contract Program.
- Your proposed degree will require the successful completion of 120 credit-hours which
are to be allocated as follows:
- General Education Courses (35-41 hrs)
- Upper-Division Coordinated Study (Major) Courses (33 hrs)
- Grade of C- or better is required
- Thematic Studies Courses (6 hrs)
- Senior Project (3 hrs)
- General Elective Courses (36-42 hrs)
- Your coordinated study (major) must be interdisciplinary, meaning it must be comprised
of upper-division courses from two or more separate and distinct disciplines/departments.
- No more than 21 hours of course work from any one academic area can be applied towards
the coordinated study.
- Students must earn at least 9 graded hours from the University of Memphis.
- A minimum 2.25 GPA is required within the coordinated study.
- Your baccalaureate contract must be fully typed. Please proofread thoroughly.
- You will not have an official degree plan until your contract has been approved. Without
an approved degree plan/contract, you WILL NOT:
- be advised,
- be cleared to register,
- be allowed to file an intent to graduate form or issued a permit for UNIV 4995 - Senior
- receive a degree plan for financial aid purposes,
- receive a graduation checkout, or
- be permitted to graduate.
- After your contract has been approved, a copy will be emailed to your memphis.edu
email account. The original contract will be placed in your University College student
- Final approval of your baccalaureate contract may take up to eight weeks from the
time it is received by University College.
- If you would like to change a course in your coordinated study once your contract
is approved, you may petition for a change by submitting a Course Substitution Request
form. You should discuss these requests with an advisor and submit the appropriate
- Have your faculty member sign the form and return it to University College.
By clicking the " I Understand " button, below, you are certifying that you have read,
understand, and will abide by all of the policies and guidelines set forth above in
the preparation of your baccalaureate contract.
(Note: Document must be downloaded and saved to your desktop before you enter your
information. Form can not be completed through web link. Carefully review additional
submission directions on the last page of the document.)
Contract Submission Deadline
|Summer Graduation - February 15th
|Fall Graduation - May 15th
|Spring Graduation - September 15th