UofM Global programs deliver courses with an online course management system called Desire 2 Learn (D2L). At the University of Memphis, we commonly refer to it as eCourseware. The following is a list of the minimum requirements to use our learning management system. Some courses will have more advanced requirements. Information on advanced technology requirements may be found in each course syllabus.
- Access to a reliable, high-speed Internet connection (DSL or Cable).
- Test your device to ensure it is compatible with our LMS (Learning Management System) using the System Check Wizard.
- Open PDF files using the free downloadable PDF software.
- Access Flash-based content with Adobe Flash Player (free).
- Use Microsoft Office for document creation (available for students via umapps.memphis.edu)
- Play media content with Real Player (free), QuickTime (free), or Windows Media Player (free).
See your course syllabus for specifics about required software.