Where are the policy statements?
- The comprehensive policy statement for the University of Memphis Libraries is here.
- It is regularly reviewed by the Dean of Libraries, Collection Development, and the
- The departmental policies are here.
- They are regularly reviewed by Library Liaisons and Departmental Library Representatives.
Who gets to say what each department collects?
- Library Liaisons present a basic format for the statement to follow.
- Departmental Library Representatives work with their faculty colleagues to fill in
- The statements are approved and organized by Collection Development.
- They are then used as the template to inform acquisition decisions and long-term planning
for that collection.