A little helping hand.
A college education is an investment in your future, and the first step to making your dreams happen is to understand how to finance your education. We are here to make sure you have the answers you need. The financial aid process is important and sometimes confusing. In order to apply for any federal aid for college, you must first fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is used by the federal government to determine your eligibility for grants and Federal Direct Stafford Loans. You need to file a FAFSA each year you wish to receive aid.
The Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to qualified students. To receive financial aid, qualified students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and qualifying non-citizens are eligible for federal financial aid.
We know the cost of a college education and available financial assistance are crucial considerations when selecting a college. Our Financial Aid Road Map is a publication we hope will help answer your questions about financial aid and assist with your college enrollment decision. If you have questions, talk to one of our financial aid experts in person, via email, or at 901.678.4825. We are happy to assist you!
Apply for Federal Student Aid
003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis.
|FAFSA Year||Semesters Covered||Priority Deadline||TSAA Priority Deadline|
|2018-2019 FAFSA||Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019||March 1, 2018||January 17, 2018|
|2017-2018 FAFSA||Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018||January 17, 2017||January 17, 2017|
- Apply for an FSA ID (required to complete the FAFSA)
- Watch a quick tutorial on how to apply for an FSA ID
- Complete the FAFSA
- Important Notice: The U.S. Department of Education has announced that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is currently unavailable until late Fall 2017. View more information
- Without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students can still complete the FAFSA. However, students selected for verification will be required to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.
- Submit Documents - Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the application prior to being awarded. Requirements are posted on myMemphis.
- View Summer Financial Aid Information
How to Accept/Decline Your Award Offer(s)
- Log on to your myMemphis account
- Click on the Account$ tab
- Scroll down, then click on the Financial Aid Awards link
- NOTE: If you do not have this link/"channel", call the ITS Service Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the Aid Year 2018-2019, then Submit
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet clickable/activated)
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to 'Accept' (the Terms and Conditions)
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down
- Click on the drop down box next to your award OFFER and select an option.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
Please click here to access a summary of consumer information.
**New - View Financial Wellness Course
(Designed to enhance student financial knowledge and highlight financial behaviors.)
|Contact Us:||Financial Aid Office||Phone: 901-678-4825|
|103 Wilder Tower||Fax: 901-678-3590|
|Memphis, TN 38152-3520||E-Mail: email@example.com|
Office hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.