The Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to qualified students. To receive financial aid, qualified students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and qualifying non-citizens are eligible for federal financial aid.
Information Regarding the New FAFSA Changes!
Apply for Federal Student aid
003509 is the school code for the University of Memphis.
|FAFSA Year||Semesters Covered||Priority Deadline|
|2016-2017 FAFSA||Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017||March 1, 2016|
|2017-2018 FAFSA||Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018||January 17, 2017|
- Apply for an FSA ID (required to complete the FAFSA) >>
- Complete the FAFSA >>
- Important Notice: The U.S. Department of Education has announced that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is currently unavailable until late Fall 2017. View more information >>
- Without the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, students can still complete the FAFSA. However, students selected for verification will be required to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.
- Submit Documents - Students must also submit any other required documents in order to complete the application prior to being awarded. Requirements are posted on myMemphis.
- View Summer Financial Aid Information >>
HOW TO ACCEPT/DECLINE YOUR AWARD OFFER(S)
- Log on to your myMemphis account
- Click on the Account$ tab
- Scroll down, then click on the Financial Aid Awards link
- NOTE: If you do not have this link/"channel", call the ITD Help Desk at 901-678-8888.
- Select the Aid Year 2017-2018, then Submit
- Read the information under the General Information tab (note that the Accept Award Offer tab is not yet clickable/activated)
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab, then scroll down to 'Accept' (the Terms and Conditions)
- Click on the Accept Award Offer tab, then scroll down
- Click on the drop down box next to your award OFFER and select an option.
Sign up online NOW for eRefunds to receive excess financial aid and fee refunds.
**New - View Financial Wellness Course >>
(Designed to enhance student financial knowledge and highlight financial behaviors.)
Contact Us: Financial Aid Office Phone: 901-678-4825 103 Wilder Tower Fax: 901-678-3590 Memphis, TN 38152-3520 E-Mail: email@example.com
Office hours are: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.