UofM Official Email Signature
The University of Memphis is pleased to introduce the official email signature for use by all faculty and staff.
Guidelines for Use
- The signatures below are provided for use by all faculty and staff.
- Official signatures are not for student use.
- Content within the signature can be edited, but no additions (i.e. "Think before you print") can be made. The template cannot be altered.
- You can choose to include a cell or fax number instead of a website, or an email address instead of a mailing address, for example. A title can extend to two lines, but the text to the right of the logo (between the lines) must be limited to the 4 lines as shown.
- Digital versions of handwritten signatures can be added to the top of signature card.
- Requests for exceptions to the signature card can be submitted to the Vice President for External Relations.
- If using mobile device that does not support HTML signatures, use the text portion.
See example below:
Title | Optional Secondary Title
The University of Memphis
100 Administration Building | Memphis, TN 38152
901.678.1234 | memphis.edu
Social Media Icons
- The icons shown currently link to the UofM's social media. If you would like to change these to represent your department or college platforms, please contact email@example.com and include your social media links. A custom signature will be created for you.
- Additional buttons are available for YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. Action buttons such as Apply Now, Buy Tickets, Make a Gift, etc. can be created upon request.
- Icons must retain the same shape and blue color.
- Including social media icons is optional.
- Social media icons that link to non-University sponsored accounts are permitted but must be related to one's field of study or for academic use and approved by Marketing and Communication. These requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Preferred Mark for Faculty or Staff Use:||Alternate Mark for Faculty Use ONLY:|
|For Lambuth Use Only:
||For Athletic Use ONLY:|
*Please note: The font of the signature will appear different when pasted into your email. Don't panic, the pasted font (Helvetica Neue) is correct.
To view a step-by-step guide outlining how to edit your email signature and how to upload the signature into Outlook, select your email platform from the list to the left:
(If you are using an email platform not listed, contact email@example.com for detailed instructions.)
Guidelines for Composing an Email
- To ensure a consistent brand image, please follow these guidelines when creating an
- The email background should be white with no graphics added
- Type should be Calibri font, black text and between 12-16 pt font size
- Additional text within the signature area is prohibited
For additional support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 901.678.2333.