All students interested in declaring their major in a Health and Sport Sciences program
should set up an appointment with Kathy Walker (901-678-4316 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students will need to follow the appropriate link above for specific admission instructions.
Ms. Walker or her assistant will:
- Help all students through the admission process
- Advise all HSS undergraduate student majors
- Assign all HSS graduate students to a faculty advisor
- Assist with web registration and scheduling issues
- Explain the academic policies and regulations
As a student, it is important that you play an active role in your advising, to ensure
that you remain on track with your degree program schedule and to maximize the time
that you have with your HSS advisor. For optimal success you must:
- Know you advisor (Ms.Walker or her assistant).
- Accept responsibility for academic choices.
- Know basic university, college, and departmental graduation requirements for your
chosen major and concentration well enough to plan your own progress toward degree
- Keep current on academic policies, procedures, and requirements by reviewing the current
Undergraduate Bulletin, Schedule of Classes, and degree plans.
- Maintain personal copies of your tentative degree plan, progress reports, and transfer
credit evaluations until the official graduation application is processed.
- Take the above materials to each advising conference.
- Develop social, academic, and career goals and examine how these goals will affect
your life and the lives of persons important to you.
- See your advisor at least once a semester to plan your schedule of coursework, and
to seek further help as needed.
For detailed information pertaining to academic advising, please see the menu to the