For Degree-Seeking Students
Dietetics program admission follows the University Admission Criteria and Application
Process. Criteria and deadlines are available in the Undergraduate Bulletin. Applications are taken online.
When completing the application your major will be Health and Human Performance with a concentration in Dietetics.
For Students with a Bachelor's Degree
The admission procedure is described below for students who have already completed
a bachelor's degree and only need to complete DPD coursework.
- Submit an official copy of all transcripts to Mary Catherine Schallert, Program Director,
The University of Memphis, Department of Health and Sport Sciences, Memphis, TN 38152
- Students who completed their degree(s) outside of the United States and its territories
must have their academic degree validated and a course-by-course evaluation completed.
Refer to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website www.eatright.org for a list of independent Foreign Degree Evaluation Agencies. Contact the agency for current information and costs. Submit an official report
to Dr. Roach that includes degree and course equivalency.
- Send an email to Dr. Roach requesting an Official DPD Evaluation. Include a list
of all transcripts that she can expect, your mailing address, email address and phone
- Allow 2 - 4 weeks to receive the DPD Evaluation via email after the transcripts have
been received. Summer requests may take longer.
- If you decide to complete The University of Memphis DPD Program, follow The University
of Memphis Undergraduate Admission Procedures.