An internship is a cooperative educational arrangement between the student, the University
of Memphis, and a community partner. Each year more than 5,000 U of M students are
interning in schools, hospitals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and government
agencies. Through internships, the community offers students the opportunity to:
- Enhance professional development with first hand experience in the world of work
- Build an effective resume that results in better job offers after graduation
- Improve knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet career goals
- Develop a network of professional contacts
- Reinforce learning received in course work experience
Employers rate relevant work experience as the most important criteria during the
job selection process. A high quality internship provides the key to a more meaningful
education and a brighter future.
Looking for Reflection and Internship Summary Assignments? This portfolio is one approach to combining summary of a student’s internship experience
with career development. The portfolio can also be used later to share with employers
during future interviews. If you’d like a copy for your use, please contact email@example.com.
Helpful Links for Your Students: