Why should I offer internships?
Sponsoring an intern can...
- Bring fresh ideas, talents and skills to your organization
- Identify prospective employees to meet future staffing needs
- Provide cost-effective recruitment and training
- Enhance community/university relationships
- Provide staff for special projects
- Build a solid future for the local and regional community
How do I recruit interns?
- There are several avenues for recruiting interns. The first step is to develop a description
for your intern's role.
- This posting will be sent to our eRecruiting network as well as appropriate academic
What types of activities are appropriate for internships?
- Planning and Implementing Special Projects
- Developing Reports
- Conducting Research
- Website Construction/Maintenance
- Social Networking
Should internships provide academic credit for the intern?
- With an approved learning contract, students may elect to receive academic credit
for an internship experience.
Should internships provide monetary compensation for the intern?
- Monetary compensation for internships varies with the discipline. For example, students
in nursing and education typically receive no monetary compensation. Students in business
and engineering typically receive monetary compensation which may vary within the
particular field in the discipline.
How should I plan for a successful internship experience?